Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal


I am a summer girl through and through. I love the feel of the hot sun on my skin and sand between my toes. The summer days are long and that makes me happy. I am not a winter girl at all. I shiver just at the thought of snow...ugh
.
My saving grace is that Autumn comes before the big chill of winter and with that comes everything PUMPKIN! I am a pumpkin addict. I love pumpkin coffee, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin bread, pumpkin ice cream...eek ice cream! I could spend all day thinking of pumpkin goodness. All this pumpkin love can lead to a big ole pumpkin belly.

 A delicious hot cup of pumpkin coffee paired with a steamy stack of pumpkin pancakes for breakfast sadly can't happen everyday. I got to thinking how I could still get my pumpkin fix and not get a pumpkin belly. Hmm then it hit me. I love oatmeal and have been playing around with some tasty refrigerator oatmeal creations so it only seemed natural to make pumpkin pie oatmeal. Here is how I did it and I must say it is yummy.

                                                         Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal

1/2 cup old fashioned oats, uncooked
1/2 cup of almond milk
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Sweetener (I used 1 1/2 packet of sugar substitute)

Combine all ingredients stirring well. Place in refrigerator over night.
In the morning warm in microwave for 30 sec then stir and microwave another 30 sec
Enjoy!

I would love to hear if you try it and how it comes out.


No comments:

Post a Comment