Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Healthy Eating

Eating healthy isn't a mysterious science. Eating healthy can be and is rather easy. I chose simple basic ingredients and the results are good, really good in most cases!

One thing I discovered about myself and I have a feeling most people are the same way is that if a task is complicated we tend be turned off by it. Sure in the beginning promises are made, "oh I'm going to eat health" but are easily broken if we find we are trying to follow some fad diet with a lot of rules and strange ingredients. I follow a few simple rules. One being everything in moderation and two eat real food. By real foods I mean fruits, vegetables lean meat. I mostly eat chicken, ask my boys they are so sick of chicken! That's not to say I don't have a cookie or cupcake I just try not to over indulge. By not saying that I can't have a particular food I feel more relaxed about the choices I make. I think that is also an important point when we find we are following a fad diet or such someone else is making the rules. We must then try to remember the rules and are disappointed when the rules are broken. Following what we feel is best for ourselves we are more likely to succeed!

Here are the simple yet yummy ingredients for the smoothie I made this morning

1. 100%  orange mango juice (12 ounces)
2. Banana (2)
3. Coconut milk (14 ounce can)
4. Pineapple (about 1 1/4 cup)
5. Vanilla protein powder (1 scoop)

Blend and enjoy!

Please note a few thing. This smoothie can be made with fresh or frozen fruit. I like to keep frozen bananas but didn't have any this morning. I think frozen fruit is best because your smoothie will come out cold. I only buy 100% juice because I don't want any of the added sugar or dye color.







No comments:

Post a Comment