Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Homemade Pumpkin Spice Coffee

I am on a tight budget. The high cost of fuel has forced the price if food to rise. I try not to splurge on unnecessary things.

I love coffee. Coffee is a necessary thing!  Spending a lot on K Cups for my Keurig is not necessary. I like that the Keurig has reusable filters so you can add your own coffee. My favorite coffee is Pumpkin Spice! Did you read my post about pumpkin oatmeal? I love all things pumpkin! 

I admit I did splurge on a box of Pumpkin Spice K Cups but quickly finished the box. All 18 Pumpkin Spice K Cups gone. How can that be Autumn just started and there are a lot of brisk mornings left to enjoy a cup of my favorite. 

I then got to thinking. Hmm what if I used the pumpkin pie spice I bought for making my oatmeal in the coffee? Would that make it Pumpkin Spice coffee? 

YES! Yes it does. Let me share with you how I did it.



I gathered what I would need to make a cup.

Coffee. I love Costco's Kirkland Signature World Blend Coffee.
Pumpkin Pie Spice. I use McCormick brand
Coffee filter for your Keurig


Add your coffee to the filter then mix in 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
Brew coffee and enjoy!



 Give it a try and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to make it thank you so much for sharing sandi!!! LOVE IT!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Addicted to pumpkin pie spice k-cup...refuse to pay the inflated when they are not in "in season". Am VERY excited to try this!!!

    ReplyDelete