Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cute Tee Shirt Tote



Do you have some old tee shirts lying around? If you are like me the answer is yes. I save the tee shirts that my kids have outgrown. I am always thinking up crafty goodness that I want to make with them. I have plans of making napkins, headbands and even hope to make a quilt with some.

Today I wanted a quick easy project so I decided on these cute totes. Tee shirt totes are perfect for a trip to the market or you can use them as gift bags.

You don't need to have a lot of sewing skills to whip one of these up. The only sewing you need to do is a straight line across the bottom. I surged around the handles and opening just for a more finished look but it really isn't necessary. Tee shirt fabric does not unravel rather it just curls in a bit over time.

Go grab yourself an old tee and get started. Please share with me how yours turn out!

1. Lay out you tee shirt on a table making sure it is flat and not folded in on itself so when you cut you only cut the parts of the tee you want






2. Cut the arms off






3. Now you are ready to cut the neck. Cut a bit bigger then the neck opening otherwise the opening will be to small





4. Turn the tee inside out and pin the bottom edge. Sew closed. I sew two lines for added support.






5.Turn bag right side out and you are ready to go! If you would like you can surge around the handles and opening .





I just love animal crackers.




No comments:

Post a Comment